Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Travel Dates?

Today we got the news we may have an appointment with the Ministry of Education the week of February 26. It's more of a relief to have a date at this point given the number of twists and turns we have had to deal with along the way. Right now it's a 95% chance, according to Carol Meyerriecks, the coordinator of our placement agency. Here's to it being 100% really soon. On two other occasions, our travel plans haven't lasted more than 24 hours, so 48 hours would be a positive step.

You just never know with this! Part of me will still probably be unsure it's real until we get off the plane at Sheremetyevo airport in Moscow.

Before I go any further, I want to discuss a groundrule for this site. Until we get back to the States with our son a few months from now, we will not post any pictures of him. Publishing pictures of referred children before the adoption is complete is strongly looked down upon. We also want to do all we can to protect the child's privacy. Thanks for your patience and understanding regarding this. For now, the pictures we post will be more travel/tourist related.

That is assuming we can even post pics while we are in Russia. This site is simple enough to operate that I can post to the blog via an email message. How much internet capability we will have while we are there is TBD. Plenty of other folks have posted text and pics from Russia on their trips -- we should also -- but you never know. Plus, I don't want to say that when I went to Russia I spent all our time in an internet cafe -- NYET!

So if you don't hear from us during the trip don't fret. We'll post plenty when we get back.

That's all for now.

No comments: