Jason and I were playing on the swingset when Wendy called us in to dinner. Just as she finished WHAM CRASH SHATTER! I grabbed Jason and we ran out to the front yard.
This time it was the friend of a neighbor kid. I freaked out at first, but calmed down pretty quickly. The guy was on the way to a football game with some buddies, but decided to back down the street. He never saw the mailbox and hit it totally dead on. I really don't know what he was trying to do, but he felt bad so I didn't rag him too much. Really, I didn't.
The mailbox got knocked out of kilter and the pole was pushed over. His SUV was another story. The entire back window shattered into gazillions of little pieces. Wow. It was all over the street, the sidewalk, the grass. I didn't take any pictures, because I was trying not to rag him too much. Really, I wasn't...
Jason Alexei took it all in stride. He wanted to sweep, move the trash can, look at the dude's SUV. At one point he said "truck boom!" several times.
I give the guys credit, they stopped and helped. They will be back tomorrow and we'll work on getting the pole reset. I'm tempted to relocate it to another spot, but there may not be any places that won't be an eyesore.
After four mailbox whacks in two years, it is getting a little ridiculous. I've decided this happens so frequently that I am going to make a "mailbox whack" label for blog posts.
I have detected a pattern. The first whack happened when we were deciding whether or not to dump our first agency. The second happened shortly after we signed on with our present agency. The mystery Ford leaving side mirrors in yard happened shortly before our court trip. The whacking earlier this year was right around the time of our home study and Jason Alexei's attempted escape. And this week? Well, we'll see how the next few weeks develop...



No comments:
Post a Comment