Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Catching Up...

I am way behind on posting some pictures so I will try to get caught up at some point.

The Blue Angels were in town the last weekend in June and I watched the Saturday show from the deck of Jason & Grace's swingset. Binoculars were much better for the show than my basic digital camera was able to see. We did not personally attend the show because Jason Alexei caught a fever the previous day.

The Sunday show never happened. During a sudden storm about an hour before the performance a young air show attendee was killed and the air show was canceled. Two weeks later lightning struck four people attending the annual air show on Pensacola Beach. Looks like it is not a good year for the Angels!

Fourth of July was nearly a month ago, but here are some pics that did not get posted. This was the best pose I could manage from Jason and Grace together.


This was Grace's first Independence Day!


I bought a few mild fireworks. Nothing bigger than a few roman candles and some firecrackers. Jason wanted to "do them all by myself". He did not take "no" very well. We did get some sparklers that we let him play with while under close supervision.

Meanwhile Grace enjoyed throwing poppers on the ground.

The swingset and log-cabin continue to be big hits with the kids.


The alligator pool helps everyone to cool off.


Art projects in the air conditioned indoors do the trick when it is too hot for the pool.

That's all for now.

No comments: