Thursday, August 07, 2008

A Third Miracle

We have always considered our experiences in bringing Jason and Grace into our family to be miracles. How two kids so far away came to be ours forever is nothing less than a miracle and the 200 posts on this site should attest to that fact.

It is with "shock and awe" we announce we are experiencing a third miracle. Wendy is currently 18 weeks pregnant and is due to deliver on January 4. Mother and baby are doing fine. We have obviously kept it quiet for a while but now we are comfortable letting people know. Soon we will learn if it is a boy or girl. Neither Wendy or I have a preference either way.

However, one family member has a strong preference. Jason Alexei has been consistently in favor of having a brother. "Do you want a baby-sister Jason? No, I want a brother." Jason now likes to say "a baby is growing inside of Jason and Daddy and Mommy and Grace". We are working on getting that straightened out.

Grace is too young to know what is going on. We are not sure if a sister or brother would be better for her. It probably doesn't matter but these are the things you think about. She is making good strides with us and I think she will be ready to be a big-sister by the time January rolls around.

I don't think Wendy will allow me to convert the adoption blog to a belly blog, but maybe some of you can work on her...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting for all of you. Isn't it wonderful how God's timing is perfect in all things? :)

Carla said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you all.

Lisa said...

YAY! Can't wait to see that belly... :)

Jason_Lenentine said...

Thanks everyone!

I let out a vague hint about it after the last mailbox whack (they are omens). Carla almost picked up on what was going on when she told me about "the accidental adoption."

The Ahmeds said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!