Saturday, November 22, 2008

Name game...

We have a name. The initials are JRL. That's all you get.

As of last weekend, Jason and Grace are now roommates. We separated the bunk beds in Jason's room and now they are sharing the room together. Nighttime hasn't been too bad because naps have been awful and everyone crashes at night. Grace is such a light sleeper, Jason wakes her up during naptime. Today it was the opposite. Grace took a catnap in the car on the way back from the mall and that spoiled her nap.

We need to put a few things on the walls and then I'll post some pictures. It's odd not having to do all the preparations for a Russian judge to evaluate. This is such a different process than what were are used to!

Another novelty for us are child birthing classes. We have four sessions at two hours apiece. Two are down, two more to go. There is only one other couple in the class with children and theirs are much older than Jason and Grace. Everyone else are first time parents.

Part of the introduction involved telling the class "about your fears". Most folks said either, "I am afraid of a C-section" or "I am afraid of the epidural." What was our fear? "We're afraid of how we are going to handle 3 children under 4 years old." You should have seen the looks on these peoples faces when Wendy said that. It was like someone lit a stink bomb. I was proud of her.

An odd moment for me was when they were showing equipment used to monitor the baby. At one point they should a red and white script chart that monitors heart rate. It looked LOT like the EKG I had done on myself in Moscow for Jason's adoption. I don't think I am getting much out of the class when I am sitting there saying, "When can I get an EKG? When do I give blood? When do I get checked for syphilis??? How come now one does this on me? Stop thinking about Russia and FOCUS!"

Fathers are MUCH more involved in an adoption. Maybe I'll change my story in a couple months, but right now, I'm sticking to what I said.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

We wonder if you might be pulling a George Foreman and naming all sons "Jason".

Jason_Lenentine said...

Well, that's interesting.

Learning that George Foreman named all his children "George" or some form of "Georgina" or "Georgetta" was the main reason Jason got his name. He did it because he didn't know his father and therefore wanted his children to always know who their father was. All they had to do was think of their names.

I thought that was pretty cool so I did the same thing. Seriously, that's why Jason is named Jason.

Lisa said...

J-Rock Lenentine. I always wanted to know someone named J-Rock so thank you! I feel more "hip" just knowing the name. awesome.

Antoine & Lori said...

I'm feeling a little too uninvolved in this whole birthin' thing, too! I think I might need to come out for the big day just to say I ws just as involved with little J-Rock joining the family as I was with the others....

Jason_Lenentine said...

Hey Lori,

That's a great idea! We know the date pretty much, so come on over! We won't get to play the "guess the date" game because J-Rock is expected to be too big to go full term. They are planning to induce December 29.

I just don't know what to do with myself not being able to call Carol to ask, "When is our court date???"

During an ultrasound last Monday I probably asked more questions about the numbers than most people. Hmmm...32.25 cm head circumference, he's already 5th percentile! "What's that in inches?" The technician asked. Oy!

At least I haven't had to ask any questions about the birth-mothers' medical history, if you know what I mean...Hah!

Jason