I read other blogs and a link on one struck me as interesting. It is for the Blog Readability Test. This website implements some sort of algorithm which determines the education level required to understand the blog. Pretty cool stuff.
I have been blogging for two years now and really feel like I have a knack for it. I naturally had to pump my blog through the readability test. Here is what it determined:

Yikes.
That is not what I was expecting to see. I guess "I are an engineer" and should stick to speaking in acronyms. PDR anyone??? WSEIT for two please???
Well, obviously there are much smarter people than me blogging. Lori and Antoine just started a blog to document their impending trips to Russia. How did they score? Well, they are writing at a post graduate school level. Exactly where I expected. Keep up the smart work dudes! I should say "dear esteemed friends". Dudes probably does not help my score much.
My niece started blogging this summer. She is a pretty sharp cookie, so I tested her site with the readability test. Surely content like belly pictures must rate low? So how is Lisa doing?

Congratulations Lisa! Your belly blog requires a genius mind!
Since "I are an engineer" I decided to see what it is about my blog that makes it seem so much lower-level than the others. So I decided to test the one post of all my posts that would probably rate the lowest. This would be the post where Mr. T rants on mailbox whackers and Vladimir Putin encourages me to fix the mailbox.So how did that post rate??? Genius baby. I am glad I have flashes of brilliance now and then.
Hopefully the Russians get krak-a-lakin' on our court business soon and there will not be too many more of these time killer posts.



3 comments:
Understanding the "miracle of life" is not really that easy. And watching it unfold on Lisa's Blog is pretty amazing --maybe the pictures are amazing The Blog Readability Test too. I like the tie-in of your Adoption Blog to Lisa's Belly Blog -- two journeys unfolding toward the same miracle, the "miracle of children". xo k
Is it a good thing that it takes a genius to understand my blog?? :) It must be all the slang I use or the really short choppy sentences.
It sounds like you and Wendy and doing the same thing as Joe and I this weekend - getting things ready. Enjoy but don't work too hard!
We ran our blog through, and were awarded the "College/Post Grad" readability level -- I give all the credit to Antoine's cool maps of obscure places on the Russian pampas. And we don't have any mailbox whacks to bring our score down!
Now I'm going to go to Lisa's blog and see if I can understand it.
Lori
Post a Comment