Today was not a photo intensive day.
We had another good day. We started off with a visit to the Filatov clinic where we saw "Dr. Boris" for a quick, "you are alive" rubber stamp medical checkup. This is a requirement for the American Visa Jason Alexei will travel with on Wednesday.
At the clinic we met a couple from the DC area who were with our OLD placement agency and had travelled to Ivanovo where we were originally registered in Russia way back in February 2005. It made us feel good to see them working there.
Now the husband grew up in Hunstville a few blocks from where Wendy lived. He knows the assistant pastor at our church and their names were the same as Wendy's parents, David and Nancy. Go figure!?!?!
Afterward we went to the US Embassy to pick up the Visa. There were a TON of people there. Probably at least 30+ adoptive kids of all ages. All electronic equipment must be checked at the door, so there are no pictures of the scene. The only way to appreciate it was to be there.
At one point, I made a bottle for Jason Alexei. I did it away from him so he wouldn't be tortured by me not having it ready ASAP, but a lot of other kids saw me. It was rather sad in some ways because several of the kids started to convene all around me. They were hoping it was theirs. I figured that's what their parents are for now so Jason got his bottle.
He was a real trooper. He slept through a good chunk of the chaos and despite not getting a full nap managed to answer the Consulate Officer's questions with some GRRRs. I've learned the Russian word for Little Bear is Miska. I'm really proud of him for holding together so well through all of these crazy days and experiences.
The countdown says less than 48 hours now. Wow!?!?!? I've lost track of it a little bit.
Tomorrow the only thing that really needs to be done by us is to go back to the Ministry of Education, where we received or referral for Jason Alexei back on March 1, to "sign the book" essentially closing the book on this trip!
WAHOO!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
We just wanted to congratulate you on the adoption of Jason Alexei. I (LeeAnne) just checked your blog and caught up on the news. He is so precious! Can't wait to see him!
Ed & LeeAnne
Post a Comment