Today we went to the Ministry of Education to "sign the book". This was the book we signed when we received the referral for Jason on March 1. We went there today to sign and close the book on the adoption of our child. NOW I CAN RELAX!!?!?!?
Along with us was Lori and her sister Stacy (Antoine has already gone home to Houston) and two other families. The mood was far different than it was over two months ago. It was very joyous and relaxed. Smiles all around. I took some pictures of the group which I will post when we get back. The camera is currently charging and it needs the juice!
Right now our paperwork is being registered with the Russian Consulate here. This saves us from having to do it when we get back. I'm all for doing it now. We don't have to be there for it, which is even better. Once that is done we'll get our passports and Jason's passport and we'll be good to go.
We're starting to pack and are ready to go home! Jason is a real trooper. He's been great, but riding around in the car all the time is wearing on him. Just wait till he gets strapped into a car seat for the first time! I'm sure he'll love that experience.
There is one last Red Square trip on tap this afternoon. We're having an early dinner with Lori and her sister Stacy and then it's time to travel.
I just noticed the counter is at 26 hours, but that can't be. I think it doesn't realize to convert from Moscow time to Huntsville time. By my clock, it is more like 35.
It is hard to believe how much I've enjoyed doing this blog. It started on a whim one day, but it has really served it's purpose well. I'm awed just how many different people read it and check SO frequently. It's humbling to know so many of you are out there reading up on us and keeping tabs on our days. Seeing how many times you check up on us really has given me confidence boosts from time to time. Thanks for all the best wishes and warm regards as well. Everyone one of them is appreciated.
As they say in Russia "Da Zaftra!!!!" (until tomorrow)
Signing of from Moscow -- until another day. Maybe we'll be here again someday....
Paka! Paka! Paka!?!?!?!?!?! (bye-bye-bye)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
We are sooo thrilled. As I look at the countdown it is now just hours...YIPEE.
LOVED the mother's day pic.
Blessings on all three of you!!!
Post a Comment