Our internet connection is still good and I am killing time.
I went back to look at some old posts. On a post from August 13, 2007 I announced we were in the process of a second adoption. My sister Kathy, who Jason called Aunt Coffee for a while, suggested several name combinations. Her first idea was eerily close!
Here is what she said, "Smiles all around here!! So happy Jason Alexei will have a sister. Here's my name suggestions Anya Elizabeth Lenentine - Anya being the Russian version of Anna meaning favor; grace."
We did not use Elizabeth, it has been used several times in Wendy's family. Anya could not have been a better guess. Anya is a form of Anastasia. So Kathy guessed a form of Grace's Russian name before we had met her. The meaning of that name, grace, corresponded to what we had planned to call our daughter all along.
Good job Aunt Coffee!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment