Armed with a box of chocolates, the only box of chocolates or flowers we have bought on this entire adoption, we arrived to sign the book. We did not see our old pal Vera at the MoE. It was several younger ladies and they were very cordial with us. This visit with the MoE is always easier and less nerve wracking than the visits on the first trip. Svetlana was late to meet us at the MoE, as usual, so we did the ceremony without her. There was one other couple there, but they went after us.
Here is a picture of us as we were leaving.
Here is a picture with Tatiana, our guide.
There are advantages to bringing your children home in the spring or summer. They look a lot better in the photographs. Poor Grace, she looks so unhappy in that snow suit. I have never seen her smile in it...
And here is a shot of the three of us.
We sure missed having Lori and Antoine to take pictures of us! I think this next picture was the best one of the three of us. Yes, we did adopt a child and not a Michelin man. She is in there somewhere...
It was a very windy day so the windchill was pretty low. Grace and Wendy went back to the car to get warm.
Unfortunately, my Red Square timing was again off. Lenin's tomb is closed on Friday, so there was no access to Yuri Gagarin's grave. Any other day but Friday would have been the appropriate time of day. Today was just the wrong day of the week.
Tatiana took me to a spot where I could view Yuri's spot from a distance. Fortunately, I was able to read his name thanks to my new two week old contact lens prescription. Tatiana really is a good guide, she has been to more countries of the world than I have been to US states. I appreciated her showing it to me the best she could. Obviously our priority is getting our work done first so that our daughter can get home ASAP.
Despite poor timing and Tatiana's effort at long distance consolation -- I am unsatisfied and undeterred. Last year, our friend Lori and I made an early morning Raid Over Moscow via the Metro. Tomorrow I aim to conduct a follow-up strike. I am going to Red Square. I am going to see Lenin. I am going to pay respects to Yuri. I will be there at "dyes-yets cha-sov" like I need to be. We have been living and breathing Russian adoption for three years. It is time I get this done!
Tomorrow is my last day of my sixth trip to Moscow. Tatiana suggested we "take the day off and relax" which probably means they don't want to take us around or they need to work with another couple.
Tatiana doesn't know what I have planned. That is OK. I know my way to Red Square.
It will happen...



1 comment:
Can't wait for you to peel back the layers so we can see if there's a baby underneath -- just like opening a Christmas present!
Post a Comment