is the ISP for this apartment that is so slow and
problematic. Since I am doing this at 5:30 AM local
time, perhaps I am getting a better connection.
Here is a post I attempted to send last night.
_______________________________________________
Well I am trying to send this from the apartment. I
am using a backdoor method of posting via a super
secret email address. Babushka Nancy has done the
quick emails to make sure everyone knows we are alive
and kicking. I really don't know how long this
connection will last, so hopefully this will get
through.
Grace was just put down to sleep. She has to be
tired. She woke up early and really could not sleep
in the car. Unlike Jason who slept in the car, Grace
likes to look out the window and take everything in.
She seems like she might be a party girl, who really
prefers Moscow at night with the pretty lights than
during the dull-grey daytimes.
She has gained a little weight since we met her last
October, which is good. She is tiny, but
proportional. Hopefully some good food and nutrition
will go a long way for her. She does not have any ear
or respiratory infections, which is also good.
I wish I could post some pictures, but won't try until
I feel the internet is working better here. The phone
is very staticky as well, so this apartment may not be
up to snuff like the others. However, it is a primo
location. It is one block from Old Arbat. We can
walk to stores and such very easily.
We are across the street from the clinic which was the
scene of the infamous American invasion during our 8
doctor medical check-up last year. I'll have to walk
around the block at some point to get some pictures
(we are facing the back side of the clinic).
Tomorrow will be a low-key day for Wendy and Grace. I
am going with another father to get something in the
morning, I forget what. then we go to the US embassy
to begin the process for Grace's visa.
Then, Thursday, I will go back with the same guy to
pick up Grace's passport. We were unable to get them
today, because our visa registration has not been
completed by Peace Travel yet.
After that, we will hopefully rendevous at the US
Embassy to complete the US Visa & Russian passport
process.
Does any of that make sense? Good, it doesn't to me
right now, I am fried. It just seems like things are
much more difficult in Moscow than last year. Nearly
all of the offices of the Moscow Region have moved
outside of Moscow proper. This makes for wicked long
treks from one end of the city to the next. I am
tired of traffic!
That is all for now. Hopefully this internet
connectiion will let me submit this!



No comments:
Post a Comment