Monday, December 10, 2007

Getting Ready

We are really scrambling to get ready to bring Grace home. Adopting a child is busy enough, but we adding to that the Christmas season and another room swap. In addition to getting Grace's room ready we have retired our dining room and it will become the new office. The former office will become a play room for Grace and Jason. No more toys in the living room!!!! SHHHHH!!!! It's a Christmas surprise.

I am feeling better about the whole room swap, the computer is working in its new location and we have furniture bought for the play room. We need to do something with the old couch, the treadmill, and some other things but I am thinking we can do it. Wait a sec, if my son heard me say that he would not be happy. I am supposed to say, "Can we do it? Yes we can!!!!" But our schedule is aggressive with little margin.

I would highly recommend adoption to those who are called to it, the Christmas season is great, and a good plan to get toys out of the living room is always a smart thing but I don't think I would advocate all three of these things happening within a week of each other.

Yikes.

No comments: